perjantai 25. tammikuuta 2008

Dirty thursday

The easiest week until now is almost over. Next monday I'm going to start a 14 day rotation at the ER, first seven days, then seven nights. Lucky as I am, the carneval (the biggest happening of central Switzerland) is during my ER placement. Oh boy, it might get tough. I hope I'll be able to see at least something of the carneval action, since I have never experienced it before!

We had an after christmas dinner of the department of internal medicine on wednesday. First the dinner at a typical swiss "Gasthaus", food wasn't anything special, but wine was excellent. Which was the reason I had to drink so much... The evening was great, there were many of us interns, residents and of course some of the seniors and the chiefs! It was loads of fun, the "adults" went home after the dinner, we "kids" (= interns and residents, two younger seniors) continued to Bar 58, which already was closing that time, which means, it might have been sometime after midnight. We went further to Roadhouse, a bar and club at the central railway station. Long evening and night, loads of wine, guess what that stands for. But (!), I did not steal any shoes or brake my cell phone nor camera...

Thursday at work was not good. First of all I overslept two hours and missed the morning meeting. Well, that wasn't that dramatic. The day just felt sooo long after only a few hours of sleep... But I think wednesday was worth the misery yesterday !

Ei kommentteja: