perjantai 7. joulukuuta 2007

Some swiss medicine

To my finnish colleagues : all the new inpatients have to be examined completely, no matter what the symptoms are, EVERYTHING must be examined: skin, nails, mouth, eyes, heart, lungs, abdomen, thyreoid, lymhp nodes, arteries, neurology and of course, rectal status! Like a patient coming to a coronary angiography, I had not examined his arse, so I had to do it extra afterwards! And the highlight, I today had a patient with lumbago (discus prolaps susp) coming to internal medicine!!! Since when is that not a surgical problem... It seems that all kinds of patients are advised to internal medicine for examinations for further investigations and then we have to solve all their problems. This is so not my speciality... I want to be the surgeant who only has to cut people and someone else organizes the tiny rest of the process.

Ei kommentteja: